Marriage - Previously Married



We are excited to be able to share in your preparation to give and accept the promises of marriage.

If you have been married civilly to someone else before other than your current fiance, the first step is to schedule an appointment with a Priest to complete a Defect of Form.  THis document is needed to ensure the previous marriage has been nullified. 

For the person wha has previously been married, please be sure to bring the following documents to your appointment:
1. Baptismal Certificate newly issued
2. Marriage License of previous marriage
3. Divorce Decree

Note that a wedding date can not be set until an affirmative decision is granted by the Office of Canonical Services.

To schedule your appointment please contact:
Adriana Rios
Administrative Assistant to the Pastor

If you were previously married in the Catholic Church, the formal annulment petition must be filed.